Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United insist Paul Pogba stays, Arsenal consider Mesut Ozil loan plus Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea latest

admin2 admin2
12 Min Read

Follow LIVE updates throughout the day as we bring you the best of Wednesday’s transfer news, rumours, gossip and done deals.

Paul Pogba is at the eye of another saga today after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blamed the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, for stoking uncertainy over the Frenchman’s future and insisted Manchester United “don’t need to sell”. The squad are currently on pre-season tour in Australia, however, Inter Milan officials are expected to make the trip to United’s London office this week to hash out a deal for wantaway striker Romelu Lukaku.

Meanwhile, Fenerbahce may relieve Arsenal of Mesut Ozil’s burdensome wage bracket with the Turkish side keen to take the playmaker on loan this season. Liverpool are preparing a £67m bid for Real Madrid star Marcos Asensio while PSG have publicly stated their willingness to allow Neymar to leave if a club can meet their £150m asking price. Follow all the day’s latest news here: 

We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.

From
15p
€0.18
$0.18
USD 0.27
a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras.


2019-07-10T14:48:11.283Z

Napoli’s director of sport Cristiano Giuntoli is in Madrid to finalise a deal for Jame Rodriguez, Sky Italy are reporting.

James, 27, secured a move to Real Madrid in 2014 following a Golden Boot-winning World Cup campaign, but has spent the last two seasons on loan at Bayern Munich.


2019-07-10T14:01:37.506Z

Southampton’s Mario Lemina has told the club of his desire to leave, the Gabon international revealed today.

The 25-year-old – who has been linked with Manchester United – tweeted a personal highlight reel this afternoon, having told France Football earlier in the day: “I decided to tell the leaders that I wanted to leave, there is no turning back.

“I’m not afraid, I made a choice and I take it to the end,” the midfielder said.


2019-07-10T13:39:13.926Z

Real Madrid’s unveiling of their newest signing took an unusual turn this afternoon as Eder Militao left the press room after admitting to feeling dizzy.

The Brazilian defender, 21, was answering questions from Spanish press for the first time after completing his €50m move from Porto, and was unable to make it all the way through the occasion.

Militao, who passed his medical with Los Blancos earlier in the day, said before departing: “This is quite an emotional day for me.”


2019-07-10T12:34:25.006Z

World Cup runner-up Mario Mandzukic may be making his way back to Munich this summer, according to SportBild in Germany.

The Croat, 33, has reportedly been identified by Bayern as a potential back-up to striker Robert Lewandowski, who has scored 191 league goals for ‘FC Hollywood’ in five seasons at the club.

Mandzukic left Bayern for Atletico Madrid in 2014 before transferring to Juventus a season later, and is contracted with the Serie A winners until 2021.


2019-07-10T12:13:29.960Z

Following the signings of Tyrone Mings and Kortney Hause, Aston Villa are in the market for a third defensive addition this summer.

The newly promoted Premier League club were keen on recruiting Axel Tuanzebe from Manchester United, after the 21-year-old played a part in the team’s promotion last season, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants the youngster to remain with the Red Devils for the time being.

As a result, Villa have turned to England U21 Ezri Konsa – who is currently on Brentford’s roster – the Daily Mail are reporting.


2019-07-10T11:22:34.996Z

Wolves have announced the signing of midfielder Tsun Dai from Oxford.

The Hong Kong national, who spent the second half of last season on loan at FC Utrecht, put pen to paper on a two-year deal and has joined up with Rob Edwards’ under-23 squad.

Before signing his first professional contract with Bury in 2017, Dai developed his game with both Eastern Sports Club and Kitchee Sports Club prior to his move to England in 2012.

Dai’s time with the Shakers five years later saw him become the second Hong Kong national to feature in the English football league, after former Blackpool forward Cheung Chi Doy in 1960.

Ahead of Wolves’ pre-season training camp in Spain, Edwards told the club’s website: “Dai arrived here at the start of the month and has already settled into the group well. He’s a midfield player who wants to try and get on the ball and he’s got lots of energy.

“We need to see more of him, as we do with all of our summer signings, because our levels are going to go up this season, especially if we want to close the gap to the first team.”


2019-07-10T10:50:18.026Z

Fenerbahce have admitted that they will not be able to afford Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil, who was reported to be the Turkish side’s top target this summer.

Referring to the German international’s Turkish ancestry, a statement on the club’s website read: “Mesut Ozil, with his career and standing, successfully represents our country abroad and is an important value known with the identity of Fenerbahce.

“However, Fenerbahce does not have a proposal for Mesut Ozil. Under the current economic conditions, such a step is not possible for both parties.

“Our president, Ali Koc, made statements on the subject […] on June 20 and emphasised that this could not be realised in the short term.”


2019-07-10T10:30:24.740Z

Young Arsenal midfielder Krystian Bielik has a number of admirers in the Championship, according to Telegraph Sport.

The 21-year-old can count Derby, West Brom, Middlesbrough and Brentford among his suitors, following an impressive season on loan at Charlton.

The Pole has two years left on his contract at the Emirates, and it is uncertain whether the Gunners would loan Bielik out again or sell him permanently, but the club reportedly do not see him as a first team player yet.


2019-07-10T10:23:00.753Z

Tottenham are in talks with Real Madrid over the possibility of bringing Dani Ceballos to north London, Sky are reporting.

The Spanish midfielder has four years remaining on his contract with the La Liga club, and would prefer a loan move as opposed to a permanent exit.


2019-07-10T10:13:57.396Z

The news earlier today was that Marseille had offered West Ham €40m plus Florian Thauvin in exchange for striker Javier Hernandez, but it seems as though the Mexico international is staying put.

The Hammers just announced that Chicharito will swap his No 17 shirt for No 9, likely signalling that he will remain in east London.


2019-07-10T10:01:22.373Z

Nottingham Forest have signed winger Albert Adomah on a two-year deal, following the 31-year-old’s release by Aston Villa at the end of last season.


2019-07-10T09:57:02.523Z

Having seemingly missed out on 19-year-old Dutch prodigy Matthijs de Ligt, Barcelona are said to be considering a move for Victor Lindelof.

Mundo Deportivo have reported that the La Liga winners are interested in opening talks with Manchester United this week, with a view to securing the Sweden centre-back, who arrived at Old Trafford for €35m in 2017.


2019-07-10T09:45:25.030Z

Sheffield Wednesday boss Steve Bruce has responded to reports linking him with the vacant Newcastle United managerial job.

Speaking with the Sheffield Star, the 58-year-old said: “It’s news to me. John Terry was the favourite yesterday, it was Mikel Arteta the day before, so who knows?

“As far as I am concerned, I am here, I am going home tomorrow and looking forward to walking the dog.”


2019-07-10T09:40:52.943Z

PSG sporting director Leonardo has admitted he cannot promise that Kylian Mbappe will renew his contract at the club.

The Brazilian said this week: “I never make promises, for two reasons. Firstly, I do not do everything at this club. Secondly, I do not want to pluck promises out of thin air without being certain that I can deliver them.”

Mbappe, 20, confessed earlier this year that he could be interested in a new challenge.


2019-07-10T08:53:44.996Z

Arsenal could be lining up a bid for Barcelona forward Malcom, having given up on signing Wilfred Zaha.

The Gunners’ £40m bid for Zaha was rejected by Crystal Palace, leading Unai Emery to identify Everton target Malcom as a plan B, The Sun have reported.


2019-07-10T08:39:58.156Z

There may have been a roadblock in Barcelona’s attempts to sign Antoine Griezmann from Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish media outlet AS

It was expected that the La Liga champions would trigger the Frenchman’s €120m release clause by today, but Barca’s lack of liquidity and faltering negotiations with the relevant banks are holding up the deal.

The Catalan club apparently hoped that Atleti would allow them to defer payment of the release clause, an idea that the Madrid side immediately dismissed.


2019-07-10T08:28:02.100Z

Zinedine Zidane’s son, Luca, has been loaned out from Real Madrid ahead of the coming season.

Luca Zidane, 21, would have been unlikely to achieve much game time in goal at the Bernabeu, with Keylor Navas and Thibaut Courtois on Los Blancos’ roster.

The Real manager’s son will spend next season at second division Spanish team Racing Santander.


2019-07-10T08:07:37.010Z

Inter Milan are set to speak with Manchester United representatives in the coming days as the two clubs attempt to hash out a deal.

Lukaku has made no secret of his desire to leave the club, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is attempting to urge the player to remain at United for one last season, according to Sun Sport.


2019-07-10T07:54:31.840Z

West Ham have the opportunity to sign Mario Balotelli on a free transfer, according to the Daily Mail. 

The former Man City and Liverpool striker spent the second half of last season at Marseille, where he scored 8 goals in 12 games.


2019-07-10T07:44:55.900Z

Arsenal target Dennis Praet is on the verge of completing a move to Valencia. 

The Sampdoria midfielder is valued at £12m, while defender Jeison Murillo is set to move in the opposite direction.

Please allow a moment for the blog to load.

Read More

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply