Steelers legend says quiet part out loud about offensive line struggles

admin
By
2 Min Read

Aug. 17, 2026, 7:02 a.m. ET

There were plenty of positives from the Pittsburgh Steelers’ preseason beatdown of the Green Bay Packers.

But there was also a lot to be concerned about, as Steelers legend James Harrison just pointed out. On a recent episode of the Deebo & Joe podcast, Harrison called out the Steelers’ offensive line woes, specifically when it comes to penalties and Dylan Cook’s performance at right tackle. He went so far as to call on the team to get rookie offensive tackle Max Iheanachor involved as a solution. “My concern was a little bit with the [first-team] offensive line,” Harrison said.

“Penalties, number one. And then Cook on that right side, I don’t know. I didn’t like that performance, I ain’t going to lie. … I’ve seen [Cook], you know how you do the hand slap and you knock them down? That’s cool one time, but I think he’s relying on that a little too much cause he might not have an anchor. Got to get more anchor.

I want to see Iheanachor, I want to see Iheanachor out there.”

In Cook’s defense, Troy Fautanu’s performance wasn’t much better, as the 2024 first-rounder was responsible for a sack, a few quarterback pressures, and a handful of unnecessary penalties, including a holding call that wiped away a touchdown. Still, Harrison hit the nail on the head. Iheanachor has looked dominant in training camp and may deserve a starting opportunity over Cook in the near future. But that all depends on Iheanachor’s overall health, as the young offensive tackle suffered an apparent neck/shoulder injury that held him out of the preseason opener. For up-to-date Steelers coverage, including any training camp news and updates, follow us on X @TheSteelersWire and give our Facebook page a like.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply