Some of the security cameras I recommend are expensive, but there’s a growing number of great choices that cost less money. Here’s my curated list of the best budget home security cameras priced under $100. These three cheap home security cameras range a lot in terms of features and functionality, but they’re all solid choices.
You really can’t beat the new Wyze Cam v3 if you’re looking for an affordable security camera system with solid performance. Here’s the gist:
- It costs $20
- It comes with two weeks of free cloud storage
- The camera has optional local storage via a built-in microSD card slot
- You can set a custom motion detection zone for free
These things combined make the Wyze Cam hard to match, especially since this next-gen model can be used inside or outside thanks to a new weatherproof housing. It also works with Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands, as well as Wyze’s other devices.
Read Bioreports’s review.
Tend Secure’s Lynx indoor camera (now called the Indoor 2 camera) will set you back $60. This indoor cam has all of the regular features of a typical home security camera, like live streaming, motion detection and night vision. But this indoor security camera also comes with free seven-day video clip storage and free facial recognition capabilities.
Use the app to build a custom database of friends, family members, and any other regular visitors (although with social distancing in full effect, visitors are probably at a minimum right now). Then the camera will detect faces and send alerts to your phone to let you know it just saw, “Dave” or “Molly.” The performance of the camera’s facial recognition improves over time, too, with use.
Read more from Bioreports.
The Blink Mini is a $35 indoor security camera. It comes with a power adapter and has a small footprint that won’t take up much space inside your home. It has basic features and solid performance, making it a good option if you’re looking for a straightforward indoor home security camera from Amazon smart home company Blink.
Read the Bioreports review.
How to choose the right outdoor security camera for you
More security coverage at Bioreports
- Top home security cameras of 2020
- Top 6 cheap home security devices in 2020
- Our favorite facial recognition cameras of 2020
- Best DIY home security systems of 2020
- Everything you need to know about home security cameras
- Best home security system of 2020: DIY kits, video doorbells and more
- Nest vs. Ring vs. Abode vs. SimpliSafe: The smart home security systems with the best privacy
- The best smart lock for 2020
- What to know before buying a smart lock
- The coolest smart lock at CES is invisible