Jordan Siebatcheu picked the perfect time to net his first U.S. men’s national team goal, thrilling fans with his late, match-winning header vs Honduras winner in the Nations League semifinal on Thursday night.
Until his late breakthrough, it had been a cagey CONCACAF affair familiar to USMNT veterans but perhaps less so for the many recent newcomers to the squad.
With memories of Christian Pulisic lifting the Champions League trophy still fresh in the minds of many American fans, Siebatcheu’s effort provided yet another moment for celebration among USMNT supporters. The squad will now play in the Nations League final on Sunday.
- Chelsea ace Pulisic targets USMNT trophy after making country proud with Champions League triumph
- Why Netherlands wonderkid Boadu is the top striker at the U21 Euros
- Messi & Aguero friendship could ensure Barcelona star’s Camp Nou stay
- England fans worry after Alexander-Arnold limps off injured during Euro 2020 warm-up win over Austria
USMNT fans & players react to Siebatcheu winner
gonna put jordan siebatcheu’s name next to the definition of “timely” in the dictionary
— Aaron West (@oeste) June 4, 2021
Siebatcheu has been part of CONCACAF for like 15 minutes and he’s already a #USMNT hero. Huge goal.
— Ryan Tolmich (@RyanTolmich) June 4, 2021
What has been said?
“Thats why we put Jordan on,” said USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter to reporters.
“He’s a force on crosses and in the penalty box. He gave us the edge we needed. A lot of what we saw from him on club level.”
- USMNT star Reyna won’t be allowed to play in the Gold Cup
- Chelsea ace Pulisic targets USMNT trophy