Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Ahmed Gulak, a former political adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan was yesterday shot dead by gunmen in Owerri, Imo State capital. He was killed while on his way to the Airport.
2. The Imo State Commissioner of Police, Abutu Yaro, yesterday, announced that combined operatives of the command’s Tactical Units, Intelligence Response Team, and Police Mobile Force have killed the suspected killers of a former Presidential aide, Ahmed Gulak. This was contained in a statement issued on Sunday night by the command’s Spokesperson, Bala Elkana.
3. Armed men suspected to be bandits have kidnapped about 200 students of Islamiyya School at Tegina in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State. One person was shot dead while another was critically injured during the operation.
4. Some unknown gunmen on Sunday set ablaze the newly-completed office of INEC located at Okwudor community in Njaba Local Government Area of Imo State. INEC confirmed this in a statement by its National Commissioner & Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye.
5. No fewer than 57 members of the Barr. Benjamin Onwuka-led Biafra Zionists Federation, BZF, were arrested yesterday in Enugu State. Leader of the group, Onwuka claimed that policemen from Ogui Division stormed their meeting venue and whisked his members away.
6. Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has asked residents to observe the sit-at-home order if they desire to do so. Umahi gave a waiver to traders to partially observe the sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
7. The House of Representatives’ Committee on Constitution Review has postponed the planned public hearing in Imo State over the current crisis rocking the area. Ahmed Wase, the Deputy Speaker and Chairman of the Constitution Review Committee announced the postponement on Sunday.
8. Northern Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) on Sunday called on the Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma to produce the killers of Ahmad Gulak within two weeks or he would be declared “persona non grata” in the North. President of NYCN, Isah Abubakar stated this in a statement yesterday.
9. A member of Nasarawa State House Assembly representing Nasarawa Central State Constituency, Hon Ismai Danbaba has been kidnapped. He was kidnapped on Saturday evening while traveling to Jos, plateau State.
10. The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum (SMBLF) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to address Nigerians on the various challenges including insecurity facing the country. The National Leader of the body, Chief Edwin Clark, said this at the expanded meeting of SMBLF, in Abuja.
Gulak: ‘They won’t go free’ – Buhari blows hot over death of Jonathan’s former aide