– Lionel Messi is now the highest paid footballer on earth for the year 2020
– This is according to the latest list made available by Forbes in which Ronaldo is second
– Neymar is occupying third position on the list while Mbappe occupies fourth position
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Bioreports News on your Facebook News Feed!
Lionel Messi who is the captain of Spanish giants Barcelona has been named as the highest paid footballer on earth for the year 2020 with £98 million according to Forbes’ latest ranking.
The Argentine has pocketed over $1bn in pre-tax earnings during his career following in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo who has been his biggest rival for more than 10 years.
Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have been into rivalries for years and these two players have shared 11 Ballon d’Or awards between them.
According to Forbes, Lionel Messi is topping the list of highest paid players for the year 2020 with £98 million and Cristiano Ronaldo comes second on the list.
See the top 10 below according to Forbes
1. Lionel Messi of Barcelona – £98 million
2. Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus – £91 million
3. Neymar of PSG – £75 million
4. Kylian Mbappe of PSG – £33 million
5. Mohamed Salah of Liverpool – £29 million
6. Paul Pogba of Manchester United – £26.4 million
7. Antoine Griezmann of Barcelona – £25.6 million
8. Gareth Bale of Real Madrid – £22.5 million
9. Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich – £21.7 million
10. David De Gea of Manchester United – £21 million
Meanwhile, Lionel Messi has resumed training with Barcelona and he is in top gear ahead of the 2020/21 Spanish La Liga season.
Lionel Messi tops Forbes’ high-paid footballers of 2020 list with £98m (photo: Getty)
Source: Getty Images
Earlier, Bioreports had reported how Ronaldo Koeman who is the new Barcelona gaffer urged captain of the Catalans Lionel Messi to deliver his best for the club in their campaign in the coming League season.
Barcelona chiefs recently succeeded in persuading the six-time Ballon d’Or winner to stay at the Camp Nou after being linked with a move to Manchester City.
The Catalans’ failure in the Champions League losing against Bayern Munich made Lionel Messi to decide that he wanted to leave.
Messi later made a U-turn in his decision and will now be playing for Barcelona in all competitions in the 2020/21 League season.
He notched 31 goals and 26 assists in 44 games last season and, with Barca finishing 2019-20 in disarray, new boss Koeman will need his star man on top form to turn things around.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Bioreports