NEWS

Manhunt after boy, 16, ‘raped in wigwam’ at Edinburgh caravan park

Manhunt after boy, 16, ‘raped in wigwam’ at Edinburgh caravan park

Manhunt after sixteen-year-old boy is ‘raped in a wigwam’ at an Edinburgh four-star caravan park

  • The teen, 16, said he had been raped by an older man in a wigwam in Edinburgh 
  • Attack took place at Mortonhall Caravan Park on Tuesday
  • Detectives have appealed for anyone with information to come forward following the attack at the holiday park

By Milly Vincent For Mailonline

Published: 11:34 EDT, 27 July 2019 | Updated: 18:37 EDT, 27 July 2019

Police have launched a manhunt after a 16-year-old boy told them he was raped in a wigwam at a caravan park in Edinburgh.

The teenager, who underwent a medical exam before the search was started, said he was raped by an older man at Mortonhall Caravan Park in the early hours of Tuesday morning.  

Detectives have appealed for anyone with information to come forward following the attack at the holiday park. 

An example of the wigwam-style accommodation at Mortonhall Caravan Park where a boy was allegedly raped 

Mortonhall Caravan Park where a teenager said he had been raped by an older man in a wigwam on Tuesday

Another camper said that the men staying in the wigwam on Monday had been drunk, according to the Edinburgh Evening News.  

A Police Scotland spokesman said: ‘Police in Edinburgh are investigating a report of a serious sexual assault of a teenage male in the Mortonhall Caravan Park area on July 23.

‘Enquiries are ongoing and officers are following a positive line of enquiry in connection with this.’  

The four-star park is popular with families visiting Edinburgh, being just four miles from the city centre.

The four-star park has various accommodation and is popular with families visiting Edinburgh

The entrance to popular Mortonhall Caravan Park, where the attack took place

Advertisement

Read More

Related posts

Horrifying picture shows lesbian couple covered in blood after attack

admin2 admin2

Bianca Andreescu is the best in the world — it’s just not official (yet) | - Sports

admin2 admin2

Syrian family to speak out at Toronto restaurant forced to close over online threats | - News

admin2 admin2

Leave a Reply