London’s fifth killing in just SIX days as man, 38, is knifed to death in a fight in the capital’s 61st murder of the year
- One man is dead and two others were injured in Barnet, north London, last night
- A male died in Stratford, east London, the previous day after he was knifed
- His death followed a spate of three killings in just 24 hours in the capital
Published: 01:35 EDT, 19 June 2019 | Updated: 10:04 EDT, 19 June 2019
A 38-year-old man has died after a triple stabbing that injured two others as the capital suffered its fifth killing in the capital in six days.
The knifing in Barnet, north London, happened at 10.50pm last night as police responded to reports of a fight.
Scotland Yard said three men who had been stabbed were taken to hospital, one of whom later died. Officers this morning launched London’s 61st murder investigation of 2019.
The condition of the two men, aged in their 20s and 30s, is not life-threatening. No arrests have been made and investigations are continuing, police said.
Forensics are scouring the scene in Barnet (pictured) after a triple stabbing left one man dead and another two injured
- Jan 1: Charlotte Huggins, 32, Camberwell
- Jan 1: Tudor Simionov, 33, Mayfair
- Jan 4: Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, Rainham
- Jan 6: Sarah Ashraf, 35, Isle of Dogs
- Jan 7: Jayden Moody, 14, Waltham Forest
- Jan 11: Asma Begum, 31, Canning Town
- Jan 27: Kamil Malysz, 34, Acton
- Jan 29: Nedim Bilgin, 17, Islington
- Feb 4: Carl Thorpe, 46, Highgate
- Feb 5: Lejean Richards, 19, Battersea
- Feb 10: Dennis Anderson, 39, East Dulwich
- Feb 18: Bright Akinlele, 22, Camden
- Feb 19: Brian Wieland, 69, Chingford
- Feb 21: Glendon Spence, 23, Brixton
- Feb 22: Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, Wood Green
- Feb 25: David Lopez-Fernandez, 38, Tower Hamlets
- Feb 26: Che Morrison, 20, Ilford
- Mar 1: Jodie Chesney, 17, Harold Hill
- Mar 2: Elize Linda Stevens, 50, Hendon
- Mar 2: Jolia Bogdan, 3 months, Croydon
- Mar 3: Unnamed man, 37, Soho
- Mar 6: Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, Kew
- Mar 6: David Martinez, 26, Leyton
- Mar 7: Antoinette Donnegan, 52, Battersea
- Mar 7: Ayub Hassan, 17, West Kensington
- Mar 16: Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, Fulham
- Mar 22: Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, Isleworth
- Mar 24: Ravi Katharkamar, 54, Pinner
- Mar 27: Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, West Norwood
- Mar 28: Zahir Visiter, 25, Regents Park
- Mar 29: Gavin Garraway, 40, Clapham
- Apr 1: Calvin Bungisa, 22, Kentish Town
- Apr 2: Hubert Hall, 60, Walthamstow
- Apr 7: Annabelle Lancaster, 22, Enfield
- Apr 8: Noore Bashir Salad, 22, Manor Park
- Apr 16: Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, Wembley
- Apr 17: Steven Brown, 47, Stoke Newington
- Apr 23: Meshak Williams, 21, Harlesden
- Apr 26: Mihrican Mustafa, 38, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Henriett Szucs, 34, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Amy Parsons, 35, Whitechapel
- Apr 26: Joshua White, 29, Hackney
- May 1: Tashaun Aird, 15, Hackney
- May 5: Constantin Sin, 51, Leytonstone
- May 5: Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, Southwark
- May 11: Erik San-Filippo, 23, Islington
- May 16: Barrington Davis, 54, Lewisham
- May 23: Vladimir Koudriavtsev, 69, Kensington
- May 23: Tatiana Koudriavtsev, 68, Kensington
- May 25: Iderval da Silva, 46, Battersea
- May 26: Alimal Islam, 23, Tower Hamlets
- May 28: Ismail Ceesay, 33, Forest Gate
- May 30: Steven Kennedy, 61, Plaistow Park
- May 30: Unnamed man, 52, Harrow
- June 1: Baris Kucuk, 33, Haringey
- June 4: Adrian Murphy, Battersea
- June 14: Cheyon Evans, Wandsworth
- June 14: Eniola Aluko, Plumstead
- June 15: Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, Tower Hamlets
- June 15: Giedrius Juskauskas, Stratford
- June 18: Unnamed man, Barnet
The incident comes after a man in his 40s was stabbed to death in Whalebone Lane, Stratford, in the early hours of Monday.
That killing followed three homicides in the space of 24 hours, including two teenagers who were fatally attacked at teatime on Friday.
Cheyon Evans, 18, was found stabbed on Deeside Road in Wandsworth, south-west London, at 4.42pm, and died at the scene.
Officers are pictured investigating in Barnet, north London, where London’s 61st murder of the year happened yesterday
Officers are investigating the capital’s 60th murder this year after a man was stabbed to death in Stratford on Monday morning
Pictured: Police in Stratford, East London, this morning, where a man died on Monday morning after he was stabbed
Cheyon Evans (left), 18, was stabbed to death in Tooting, south west London, on Friday. Just 12 minutes after Cheyon was attacked, Eniola Aluko (right), 19, was shot to death in Plumstead, south east London
In the second killing, Eniola Aluko, 19, from Thamesmead, south-east London, was shot dead in Hartville Road, Plumstead, shortly before 5pm.
On Saturday, a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in a field next to a nursery and a mosque in Alton Street, in Tower Hamlets, east London, just before 2pm.
As well as the violent deaths, another victim, 45, was left in a critical condition when he was stabbed in Enfield at about 3.30pm on Saturday.
An officer was pictured running across the street following the incident in which 15-year-old was stabbed in the face on Sunday
A 17-year-old boy was also left fighting for his life after he was shot on the Tulse Hill Estate, south west London, at around 9.40pm on Sunday. It came hours after a 15-year-old was stabbed in the face in Tufnell Park.
Another man, aged 28, was also shot shortly after 11.30am on Monday in Leytonstone, east London, but his injuries were non-life threatening or changing.
The Metropolitan Police said it had boosted activity by its Violent Crime Taskforce in certain hotspots.
Mohamed Nadir Dafallah, 18, from Wandsworth, and a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been charged with Cheyon’s murder and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.