The pair have long been linked with moves to the Santiago Bernabeu and both put in stunning performances in the Champions League this week
Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland have both been heavily linked with moves to Real Madrid, and the pair put on a dazzling show in the Champions League this week.
Mbappe sunk Barcelona with a sensational hat-trick for Paris Saint-Germain, while Haaland inspired Borussia Dortmund with two goals in their comeback win over Sevilla.
Their thrilling performances have led plenty to speculate that Mbappe v Haaland could be the game’s next defining individual rivalry – and now Zinedine Zidane has had his say.
- Man City deny making offer for Messi
- The rise of Liverpool’s Curtis Jones – From Gerrard’s gem to Klopp’s king
- Kluivert: Seeing Nouri collapse at Ajax was the worst moment of my life
- Sensational Saka rides to Arsenal’s rescue and spares Aubameyang’s blushes
Mbappe or Haaland: Who does Zidane prefer?
“I watch all the games and I like to see great things like any fan,” Zidane told reporters. “They are both very good and very young, players of the present and for the future.
“Whether one or the other, I won’t say, everyone has their own preferences.”
Reports have suggested Madrid want to put Mbappe and Haaland in the same team at the Santiago Bernabeu – but it remains to be seen whether the club could afford either right now.
Benzema could miss Champions League clash
Zidane also revealed that striker Karim Benzema won’t be available for his side’s trip to Real Valladolid in La Liga on Saturday.
“Something came up yesterday, he won’t be with us tomorrow,” Zidane said. “We’ll see for next week.”
Madrid travel to Atalanta on Wednesday for the first leg of their Champions League last-16 clash, before league fixtures with Real Sociedad and Atletico Madrid.
- ‘Liverpool are perfect stepping stone to Madrid for Mbappe’
- Bale still loves Madrid and is open to Real return, says agent
- Madrid want €65m Torres as Ramos replacement