– Lionel Messi is Europe’s best performing player in the 2020-21 season according to a study by CIES Football Observatory
– Barcelona have been inspired by their charismatic captain as they are still in contention for La Liga title
– Out of the ten selected, Cristiano Ronaldo was not among the top footballers in Europe selected
PAY ATTENTION: Join Bioreports Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Lionel Messi, Neymar and Robert Lewandowski are the top three best footballers in Europe according to a list released by CIES Football Observatory’s, Give Me Sport.
Surprisingly, Juventus main man Cristiano Ronaldo was out of the list but seven players in the English Premier League made the cut.
Five Manchester City stars, another from West Ham as well as Aston Villa star man was included in the shortlist of the top ten players.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Bioreports News on your Facebook News Feed!
According to the CIES Football Observatory, here are the top players in Europe this season
10. Jack Grealish – Aston Villa
9. Ilkay Gundogan – Manchester City
8. Jesse Lingard – West Ham
7. Riyad Mahrez – Manchester City
6. Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
5. Rodri Hernandez – Manchester City
4. Joao Cancelo – Manchester City
3. Robert Lewandowski – Bayern Munich
2. Neymar – Paris Saint-Germain
1. Lionel Messi – Barcelona
Messi has scored 28 goals this season for Barcelona as the Catalonia based club are still in La Liga title race despite their slow start to the season.
On the hand, Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar has not scored many goals this season but has contributed immensely to the Parisians campaign.
Last season’s topscorer Lewandowski continued from where he stopped, scoring 36 goals in 26 games in the Bundesliga.
Pep Guardiola’s City have been in top form this season and are almost home and dry in winning another Premier League title.
De Bruyne, Mahrez, Cancelo, Gundongan and Rodri all made cut as the Citizens are looking god to land their first Champions League title this season.
PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group ‘Bioreports Football Fan Zone’
Meanwhile, Bioreports had earlier reported that Lionel Messi is not giving up on La Liga title yet as Barcelona trail Atletico Madrid who are top of the table with just two points.
Ronald Koeman’s men next game is against Diego Simeone’s side and it could be the potential title decider at the Camp Nou.
La Blaugrana captain has now invited all of the first team players to his house in a bid to motivate them in winning the crucial game that could land the trophy, Sport Facebook.