– Lagos state government has made a move to charge Nollywood’s Baba Ijesha to court for sexual assault
– This was made known in a statement signed by the state commissioner of justice
– Baba Ijesha is to be charged using five sections under the criminal law of Lagos state
– Comedienne Princess also shared a copy of the statement on her Instagram page
PAY ATTENTION: Bioreports is on a mission to support vulnerable children of Calabar – join the initiative on Patreon, let’s change more lives together!
Embattled Nollywood actor Olanrewaju Omiyinka aka Baba Ijesha risks spending the rest of his life in prison following a new development in the sexual assault and molestation case against him.
The Lagos state government on Tuesday, May 4, released a statement signed by Moyosore Onigbanjo, the state’s commissioner for justice, in which it was disclosed that the actor could be charged to court.
It was recommended that Baba Ijesha should be charged under five sections of the Lagos state criminal law.
The sections listed include:
- Section 135 – indecent treatment of a child- punishable by seven years imprisonment;
- Section 137 – defilement of a child – punishable by life imprisonment;
Read the full statement below:
Reacting to the news on her Instagram page, Princess reposted a copy of the statement while submitting that “children are the heritage of God.”
See her post below:
Pay Attention: Join Bioreports Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Bioreports News on your Facebook News Feed!
In a related stator, Bioreports previously reported that actor Bolaji Amusan aka Mr Latin, who is the president of Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN) came out to reiterate the position of the association as it concerns Baba Ijesha.
Mr Latin noted that TAMPAN condemns the actions of the actor in totality and this has been made crystal clear. He, however, said he cannot heed calls to remove Baba Ijesha from the association since he was never a member.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Bioreports instantly